
What kind of say does the Lord have over what I do with my money?
As long as I pay what he asks (tithes, and to the poor) what else should I be doing with my money.
I have to admit that I am not the most fashionable person but I recognize when I see something I think is cute but I could never justify paying over $100 for shoes. I've never seen shoes that cute. I could buy a shirt for only $2.00 at Walmart but it wouldn't "call my name" as my sister would put it. But I like to go more appealing then a $2.00 shirt.
So... If i give my tithes and give to the poor can I do whatever I want with the rest as long as it's Moral? I am leaning toward No.
When my husband and I decide to scrip and save for that house someday (maybe this year) we will only get a modest house. Sometimes I like to drive by huge houses and ask him if that is modest. He always says no. Do we need a room for each of our kids? Would we like a room for each of our kids? Would it be easier if they just had their own room?
I am not a simple person but sometimes simple is just nice. My little apartment isn't elegant but I can clean it in 3 hours (the whole thing).
My husband has a Great job and we do well but we probably won't ever buy a new car. It's just kind of a waist of money to us. Yes there is lots of good reasons to buy new but we got such great deals on the cars we own. I don't think we could ever get such a great deal on a new car. Even they eventually break down.
So there's another soap box what do you think?

4 comments:
I think as long as you live in your means and plan for the future, you are spending wisely/righteously. Of course you have to pay tithes and offerings and I do think you should give some to charity if you can afford it but it is okay to enjoy money for yourself too. I personally will never have enough rooms for each of my kids to have their own. I don't want them to have their own. I think sharing a room is a great bonding experience. It helps with nightmares, when your kids get scared, and if they are not sleepy, they can talk to eachother. My children will share a room until they are in their late teens (if we have the rooms).
Owning a home is great and I am excited if you do take the plunge.
I like living in a little place!
For some reason I can't comment on your most recent post. Anyways, I like to make lists (extremely helpful).
I was just reading an old Ensign where in Pres. Hinkley said not to go into debt for any home which wasn't modest. The blessing? Peace.
Post a Comment